Associates are Institutions dedicated to building an MDP program and becoming full MDP Partners as per the guidelines set out in the Final Commission report and approved by the International Advisory Board and MDP Secretariat. The MDP Secretariat will provide, up to one year of support and guidance to help interested institutions develop their MDP program.
Benefits of Membership: One-year support and guidance from the MDP Secretariat as they develop a full-MDP program
Fee Structure: A membership fee will be charged to all university members of the global association of MDP programs. We are currently working on developing a scaling fee and will make it available in the near future.
Prerequisites Required for Membership: Interest in building their capacity to offer a full MDP program. Submission of a narrative proposal with itemized budget. Details of proposal requirements summarized here:
- Two-year proposed MDP curriculum, with names of courses, descriptions, and notation of each course as new or existing.
- Bios of faculty, with an indication of which faculty will teach which course.
- Detailed information on specific field training sites and projects.
- Budget for five years, indicating how the program will support itself.
- Indication of where in the curriculum issues of gender and development will be covered.
- Proposed name of the proposed MDP program. We prefer all member programs be called Master's in Development Practice.
- Answers to the questions: (1) will partnerships with other universities be established (or existing relationships utilized) specifically for the MDP? and (2) If so, which ones, and what is the nature of the partnership?
Please feel free to contact the MDP Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.
Membership Approval Process: 1) Review and approval of proposal by one of the three co-chairs of the International Advisory Board of the MDP Secretariat; 2) If membership is recommended, institution reviews and signs a non-legally binding Memorandum of Understanding.